- 5 – 14.5 oz cans Cut Green Beans
- 1 – 10.75 oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 – 10.75 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup Minced Garlic (from a jar)
- 1 Tbsp CedarWood BBQ Rub
- 1 cup Bacon Drippings (yep – that’s Texas cooking!)
- 2 lg. cans French Fried Real Onions
- 2 (12 oz) packages. Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Slow boil beans, uncovered, with garlic and bacon drippings for 1+ hours, allowing liquid to cook down substantially. Drain any remaining liquid, then gently fold in soups and sprinkle in CedarWood BBQ Rub.
- In greased metal pan, place bean-soup mixture, then cover with cheese. Sprinkle Fried Onions on top.
- Cook on pit AWAY from direct heat (around 300° F), uncovered for about 30 minutes until casserole is bubbling. Cover with foil if onion start to brown.