This method includes using the oven for the preliminary cooking and finishing the brisket off on the smoker
- Ingredients:1 (14 -15 lb) Packer Cut (untrimmed) brisket
- 1 (4 oz) bottle of Liquid Smoke (any flavor you prefer)
- CedarWood BBQ Rub
- Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees (bake – not convection)
- Using a large throw away aluminum pan, place the brisket in lean side up.
- Apply ½ of the bottle of liquid smoke to the lean side of the brisket, rubbing it in for solid coverage.
- Sprinkle CedarWood BBQ Rub onto the lean side of the brisket to cover the entire side with rub. Sprinkling with hand to get an even coverage of the rub. Pat the rub in to make it stick.
- Turn brisket over so that the fat side is up and repeat step 3 & 4.
- Place uncovered brisket into pre-heated oven on the middle rack or next rack down. Cook for around 9 hours or till the internal temperature of the brisket reaches between 160-165 degrees.
- An hour prior to your brisket being done, heat smoker to between 220-250 degrees. Once heated line smoker with foil.
- After brisket has reached the desired temperature in the oven, remove the brisket from the throw away pan then place brisket on the foil fat side up.
- Cook brisket until it reaches an internal temperature of 195 degrees. Remove brisket from smoker and wrap it tightly in aluminum foil. Once brisket is completely wrapped in foil, place it into an empty ice chest. Let the brisket rest like this for at least an hour before serving. Now slice and serve